Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quiet time???

Can it be?? The first day I'm on my own with 2 babys and they are both sleeping?? ....at the same time???.... and I'm free??? Believe me, I'm taking advantage of it! After I'm done with this post, I'm going to go paint my toenails, flat iron my hair, get the dressing ready for our dinner tonight and anything else I can do before Grace wakes up from her nap (pretty sure she'll wake up before August)!!!

Scott called me earlier to ask how I was doing and WHAT I was doing and all I could say was fine and cleaning up the house (which reminds me I have a load of laundry waiting to be put in the dryer.....uuggghhh my most unfavorite househould chore!). But I'm ok because Scott brought me 4 pieces of Godiva chocolate yesterday and I'm going to savor the taste of it this evening with his help (hey they cost $2 a piece - can't feel good about eating $2 all by myself! ok maybe I could, but I'm going to share!) Nothing chocolate can't fix right? Of course, it can't fix the remaining bulges that are starting to come out now that I'm all done being pregnant, and it can't put the laundry away, but I guess all I need are endorphines right??

So as a mom of 2 now, I'm getting back into the swing of "baby" stuff while trying to stay up with the "toddler" stuff. Hope I'm doing ok. Funny - while reading another blog, I was struck with the fact that there are so many things I don't do that other people find time to do - crafts with their kids, scrapbooking pages, ebaying stuff off the web, etc., etc., and was feeling ashamed that I didn't find time to do some of those things for my family. However, I then realized, my husband loves me, my kids love me, and it's ok if I haven't created some awesome craft project today. As long as I've created a loving home for my husband to come home to and created a loving atmosphere for my kids to grow in, I've done my job.

So with that thought......ta ta to all of my good intentions and hello to a loving and beautiful family!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh, the craft guilt! i have it EVERY DAY. It's so hard finding the balance where you get things done in the house, do something fun with your kid(s), and maybe have a few moments for toenail painting or, in my case, reading a good book. A good friend told me today that the energy it takes to have guilt is more energy that you could be investing in your children...i'm going to try to work on that :) Thanks again for your e-mail, i love the updates!!

The Bronson Boy's said...

I am by far the crafty person. I stitched Ryan a birth sampler when he was born and guess what!?! He will be 13 in May and it's still not in a frame. HA!!

Quite time is a glorious thing Steph. Even doing day care I look forward to naptime.I'm just blessed that they both go down at the sametime.

Laundry I don't mind except for socks! I honestly believe that when people go to hell, that will be there punishment. To match and fold socks. Absoulutly hate it.

Oh the chocolate. Not sure I would as nice as you. I don't share that well when it comes to good chocolate like that.

Love hearing about your family. You are truely blessed. Thanks for sharing.

songgirl52 said...

Steph, it will all come with time. The hardest adjustment is going from 1 child to 2. Child three seems a piece of cake...LOL

I used to be a bit crazed about a clean house but it zapped so much energy and time away from the kids and I would be grouchy so I have come to the decision that, PEOPLE LIVE IN MY HOME AND THEREFORE IT LOOKS LIVED IN! LOL

I NEVER clean on the weekends....its family time and a relaxing 2 days to get away from the stress of the house. Enjoy those babies......one day you will blink and be like me....gazing UP at my 12 year old giant who is 5'11" tall wearing a size 12 mens shoe that is getting too tight!!! Ugggh :) Love to you....