On to what's been going on shall we?
Life. Life has been happening here in the Wegner land and it's all been pretty good. Since the last time I posted back in (cough cough) September......(pause for dramatics.....) We've had 2 birthdays, one Thanksgiving at the Great Wolf Lodge with a fun visit from G & G Wegner & Aunty Eva included, Christmas at home with our kiddies, a much needed visit to Arizona for some family time, an awesome concert with "The Hoppers", another cruise for the hubbs and I (this time a very sunny place), which means we also had a nice visit from my mom and dad who came and stayed with the kiddos. Oh, we have also had our microwave break down the day after Christmas, food poisoning, a nasty virus including an ER trip with blood work for a certain 5 year old and just last Sunday our water heater decided it needed to rest and be delivered to a better place making room for a new one. Life just comes at you doesn't it? But its all good because guess what? If things weren't happening, that would mean we weren't breathing and fully alive!
August is a very precocious 5. He is LOVING pre-school and says something extrodinary or hilarious on any given day. We've had lots of life lessons this year with him which is just a precursor to what it will really be like when he's in school and getting older. But he's still our lovey boy - into Monster Trucks, dinosaurs (still) and his current obsession - LEGOS. Was wondering when those would kick in for him because he has NEVER been interested in them until just recently!
Grace is a most up and coming 3. Whoever coined the term "3 turning 12" would have described this crazy girl to the T! She talks all.the.time. No joke - and she knows exactly what she wants to say. She loves to dance around the house - although lately we've had to throw in the "no attitude while dancing around the house" piece. She also loves to torment her brother, boss around the dogs, tell everyone she can "do it myself", and every other crazy thing you can think of. If I thought August was going to keep me on my toes, I now have two of them in my home. (and people wonder why I walk around with a dazed look...... :0))
| Trying out the new camera on 3rd St. |
| Construction Worker? |
| August - Thanksgiving (you see the yellow wrist band? That was from the GWL and he wouldn't take it off for like 5 days!) |
These next few pictures are from Arizona - oh my we had lots of fun! Too much to try to write today.
| The Cousins. |
| Look at this awesome bundle of squeeziness! |
And finally - of course the day after the first day of Spring, we get snow in Oregon.....go figure. We're waiting of course for some nice weather which seems to have decided to evade us for a few weeks!
Happy Spring, Happy 2012, Happy March - almost April, Merry Christmas, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday and.......lets see........
did I miss anything? Yeah probably, but until the next time......
(And see this is why I haven't been blogging - this took me almost an hour to do.....uughh!)
To a shorter and more current post to come!!!
3 comments:
Can I still call
You friend when
I haven't talked to you since... September?!?? Ack!
Please let's plan something for
Conference! We'll be there all week!
Love it! :)
Stephanie I'm so happy you blogged, I really can't believe how big Grace is! We have to schedule a phone call in :)
Post a Comment